Sunday 2 September 2007

Giotto's Bell Tower

I need to get some new business cards to reflect my new job. Ok, I go through new jobs pretty quickly but it's been a while since I was an international superstar DJ so now I'll just be a plain ole travel photographer. Or, more accurately, a published travel photographer.

My photo of Giotto's Bell Tower in Florence has been picked up by Schmap online travel guides and included in its latest guide to Florence. And I get a name check. There are 11 photos showing different aspects of the Tower and mine is one of them.

Now, I know that all Schmap has done is a search of Flickr for holiday snaps and then emailed the owners for permission to use them, but I don't mind at all. They wanted to use another of my photos earlier in the year but I didn't get back to them with permission until after the guide had been published.

Now that I have my vocation I just need to go on more holidays ...