Sunday 13 May 2007

A Strange Sunday

I've had a surprise today. Out of the blue I had a phone call this morning from a consultant at the Chelsea & Westminster Hospital asking me to report to the hospital tomorrow morning to have an operation on my slipped disc. Apparently the state of the disc is so bad that I need an emergency operation and this only came to light after the MRI scan I had a week and a half ago. O dear.

That rather puts all my plans for a new job and a trip to New York to see Buffy into question. I won't find out what's going to happen until I go to hospital tomorrow but, based on my discectomy nearly seven years ago (May 2000, spookily enough) I'm working on the basis of one week in hospital followed by 4-6 weeks of recuperation.

At least that'll keep me quiet on here for a while.

Au revoir!

No comments: