Friday 4 May 2007

Marc Bolan

I'm thoroughly enjoying reading the biography of Marc by Mark Paytress and listening to the T.Rex boxset which includes some amazing songs I haven't heard before. From 'Hippy Gumbo' to the '20th Century Boy', Marc was a force of nature.

I'll probably launch a blog about Marc on an unsuspecting world when I finish the book but I wanted to mention a text I received today when I mentioned I was listening to the boxset to Chris. His text reads:

"Can you hear him tossing his curls and going YE-AH?"

I laughed and replied YES!

I'm up to 'Hot Love' in 1971 in the book (my first T.Rex single) when Marc was still inventing T.Rex and all that was to follow so I've a long way to go!

Marc was many things in his too-short life but, actually, seeing him on Top Of The Pops in 1972 in his satins and glitter and glory, tossing his corkscrew hair and being the rock god he always was (and always will be) is a glorious part of his mystique. And I love hearing Marc saying 'YE-AH'!

No comments: