Sunday 15 April 2007

Pharmacopeia

The big pharmaceutical companies spend millions developing new drugs and wonderful cures for diseases. In part we should be pleased at the curing aspect and despise the profit margins. I've discovered a cure I'm willing to give to the world for free.

For the last few weeks my blood sugar has been consistently high but - miracle of miracles - this morning I had my lowest reading for weeks. What could have caused it? Oh, I know - Guinness and chocolate with a couple of glasses of merlot for good measure. Clearly, chocolate and Guinness get a bad press in diabeatnik circles and yet here they are, the saviours of excess blood sugar.

I freely give this cure to the world and if you see me in a pub in the next few weeks, yes, mine's a Guinness please.

No comments: