Monday 2 April 2007

SLADE in Flame - The DVD

'SLADE in Flame' was re-issued today and it almost sold out on its first day of release. I went up to the giant HMV shop on Oxford Street and there were no 'Flame' DVDs in the new releases racks or the SLADE racks. I went up to the counter to ask about it to to be told it was 'virtually sold out' and I followed the sales assistant round the various racks to eventually find three copies of the DVD - I took one, leaving two left for the rest of London.

'Flame' is SLADE's 1974 film that surprised us fans and has, over the years, garnered praise as a great rock film. The DVD is a new version from the original print and includes a new documentary of interviews with the band and a copy of the soundtrack CD. The packaging is excellent, with a gatefold sleeve and a 16 page booklet. It's a lovely package.

I haven't seen the whole film yet, I've focused on the documentary and interviews with the band. It's lovely to see Jim, Dave and Don talking about the film, alongside Noddy, although Nod's bits seemed to be from an interview included on the previous DVD edition of the film. I don't really care about that - it's great to see them all on the same DVD chatting about each other and the film. They were such a great band.

'SLADE in Flame' will receive it's grand viewing at the weekend. I'm listening to the accompanying CD at the moment - such great music. Be there or be square!

No comments: