Tuesday 24 April 2007

Small Items Of News

Do you like my new colour scheme? I'm not sure myself but thought I'd give it a go.

Uniform

I hate wearing my uniform - in my case, that's a suit. Generally it's medium-dark grey or navy blue (they're all variations on that colour scheme) so the colour comes out in the shirt, tie or socks. Or, ideally, all three. The 'suit' is so dull, boring, middle-class and nondescript, but at least it means not really having to think about what to wear.

I've had a suit day today and another one tomorrow (I'm seeing one of our ministers in the afternoon). Until I became fat I used to wear a suit everyday. Or rather every work day. I need a new job this year so I ought to start 'looking the part' again. What a pain.

Jim Lea

My rather shy and bashful comment on Jim's MySpace site has been accepted and published. I am comment number 3. And I'm still thrilled!

Amanda

Amanda Palmer is back from her yoga retreat with a vengance. Lots of news is being blogged but her solo album won't be available until next year. Sigh.

Last 10 iPod

I've left my iPod on shuffle for the last few days so who knows what might pop into my ears? Here are the last 10 tracks:

English Summer Rain - Placebo
Love Is In Contol (Finger on the Trigger) - Donna Summer
Dedicated to the One I Love - Bitty McLean
Honey (Chile Sessions) - Moby
I'll Know - Ian Charleston & Julie Covington
Following Me - Steeleye Span
Ticket to Ride - the Carpenters
Too Much Heaven - the Bee Gees
I'd Be Far Better Off Without You' - Sandi Shaw
Live To Tell - Madonna

Even if I say so myself, that's an odd selection!

1 comment:

Michael Coscia said...

The new color scheme is bold. The green is... plastic looking. It works well with your theme. I like it.