Thursday 19 April 2007

Amanda's Volvo

Amanda Palmer is selling her blue Volvo stationwagon on eBay. Wanna buy it?

As she says:

I bought this car in 1999. It has about 168,000 miles on it. I love this car. But its time to go car-free. I am a globe-trotting, plane-taking, train-taking motherfucker. Plus my parents are getting irritated that the thing is sitting in their driveway. The poor car, all Sad and Alone.

Ok, it won't start (which is why I ditched it there before the last tour) but I am guessing, in my most honest of estimates, that it doesn't need more than $500 of work to get it running and then it will be good for another life. volvos are SWEDISH and they are built to LAST. I know fellow-volvo owners who have driven theirs up to 250k. the deal is: you buy it, you tow it away (and probably see my parents, who will probably be nice to you and offer you a cup of coffee, and maybe see me and get a grateful hug as i bid a sad last farewell to my beloved car).

She is *so* brave.

Amanda goes on to say that:

"As Brian points out, The Volvo has been featured in many pieces of Dresden Dolls Media, including the paradise DVD (in which a piece falls off of the side and Brian curses it), the panic! video, and more. It is my dream that if nobody actually gets it fixed to use as their car for the next few years then somebody will buy it and use it as a flower planter, a piece of burning man kindling, or a writing desk. It's a lovely color!!"

I'm sold. Anyone want to buy it for me for Christmas?

No comments: