Friday 6 October 2006

Retro Record Bag: 1975

After an absence of several months it was international superstar DJ time again, this time with a 1975 setlist.

1975 is an awkward year but I found five tunes with which to amaze the Retro Bar punters:

Thanks for the Memory (Wham Bam Thank You Mam) - SLADE
Glass of Champagne - Sailor
Imagine Me Imagine You - Fox
That's The Way I Like It - KC and the Sunshine Band
Young Americans - David Bowie

I quite like the stately progression through musical styles - from former glam, through pop to disco - leading nicely towards a 1976 set of disco and punk. But that's for another day.

Chris and Don both did nice sets (with Don even playing Dido - I think I preferred the Gaelic punk or mariarchi sets...) but, as ever >sigh< mine was the best setlist.

I also had three pints of Guinness, the most I've drunk in a single session in what seems like an age. I am bad.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you'll find that was Celtic-Techno-Folk actually.

You are SO hard to please!

redhairedqueer said...

Sorry I missed your faaaabulous set, dear, but I'm afraid an evening of watching bearded drag queens performing a tribute to Dallas always wins.