Sunday 8 October 2006

Buffy Sainte-Marie - A New Album

Imagine my joy and delight to receive a personal email from Buffy yesterday ['eeek' - that's the sound of me opening the email - and 'thunk' - the sound of me falling to the floor in delight].

After seeing the news of a new album on the Buffy Yahoo group I shot off an email to her to check whether the news was right - it's been 10 years since her last album, after all. I wasn't necessarily expecting a reply but, bless her, she responded within a couple of days. And it's true!

Buffy says she spent August recording at her home with Chris Birkett (her co-producer on 'Coincidence' and 'Up Where We Belong') and that there's lots of different styles of music as on previous albums. Chris Birkett goes back to Hawaii in November to work on the album and she hopes to have it ready for the spring.

I've just looked on Chris Birkett's website and he says there are guest performances on the songs from people like Dr John and Taj Mahal (Buffy did some guest vocals a year or so ago with Taj Mahal's backing band).

What can I say? New Buffy songs! A new Buffy Album! I'm hoping for promotional activity and - deep intake of breath - a tour ...

No comments: