Thursday 29 September 2005

Don't say it in Russian ...

Been to see the amazing Marianne Faithfull tonight - an excellent show indeed. She has such a large back catalogue it's either easy to choose a track list or the most difficult thing in the world - please the punters or please yourself and I thought she played it just right. Her version of 'Working Class Hero' is astonishing and it's a song she's made her own after all these years (and Yoko Ono applauding at Patti Smith's Meltdown over the summer).

It was also a delight to find out afterwards that Anita Pallenberg was sitting behind me! I wondered who was rustling a crisp packet at one point but now assume she was opening a packet of fags since she she lit up as soon as the concert ended!

I'm so dedicated to my work as well - jut done some briefing for our press office on likely questions from (biased) journalists following a conference tomorrow - had a tip-off that the BBC and other TV channels will be asking questions ... that will then be picked up by the 'papers as is usually the way ... all in a day's work, I suppose. *yawn*

No comments: