Saturday 24 September 2005

And the man at the back said everyone attack...


... and it turned into a Ballroom Blitz!

I am *loving* The Grimley's sountrack CD which has a surprisingly good selection of music. Listening to it and loving Ballroom Blitz, Tiger feet, Spirit in the Sky and all those other old goodies from yesteryear. The inclusion of the Bay City Rollers is a disappointment but I can live with it - 30 years ago I would have sworn at the very mention of their name and now I own one of their records. How times change.

Mind you, I really ought to listen to some new music sometime soon (just not quite yet). I'm turning into an old fogey thinking all the new hot acts (or however one describes them in trend speak) sound like old bands - Franz Ferdinand sound like the Jam, others sound like watered down versions of the Clash - even Robbie Williams' new song sounds like Madness. I heard KT Tunstall on something the other week and she sounded sort of original so I might dip my toe in her (so to speak).

I've bought dozens and dozens of CDs over the summer but they're all of old people - I need some new music to perk me up. In a nice way.

Until then I'll play my Glam Gods LOUD!

No comments: