Monday 12 September 2005

Sandals

So, what's that all about then?

Here we are, mid September and I'm still wearing sandals for work, untucked-in shirt flapping round my waist, and comfy baggy trousers. When should I move back to a suit and tie, I wonder? A gentleman of my age and standing should look and dress the part.

... but I can't be bothered. I dress like I do, at least in part because I can, I can get away with it, at least until I get a new job and then it'll all change, of course. When will that be, though?

Maybe it's all the result of my hippy past clinging to me like grim death? I remember the long hot summer of 1976 after I'd done my 'O' levels and wandering round barefoot when I wasn't working in Laws Store (supermarket) in Blaydon (as in Blaydon Races fame). Not long after that the hair came off, the jeans got narrower and the music got louder and faster.

No comments: