Wednesday 3 March 2010

'Smile Piece' by Yoko Ono

Yoko Ono's been busy on Twitter today sending out messages about her Smiling Face Film project.

As she said in 1967, "My ultimate goal in film-making is to make a film which includes a smiling face snap of every single human being in the world." Rather than doing a film, she's asking people to upload a photo of themselves to the Smiling Face Flickr group which supports an ongoing slide show of photos of people smiling from all over the world.

I love this idea and will upload one of the rare photos of me with a big ole smiley face on me.

Yoko also includes some words on the smile site and I like 'Smile Piece', pasted below:

SMILE PIECE by Yoko Ono

Send a smile to your friend so he/she can smile, too.

Think of a way to do it.

You could send a photo that says 'smile',
or a picture, a story, or a piece of pie,
but specify that it's a smile you're passing on.

Ask him/her to do the same:
to pass on the 'smile' in his/her own way.


Consider this blog as my smile that I pass to you. Please pass on a smile to someone else, someone you love or to a complete stranger. Smile.

No comments: