Wednesday 11 February 2009

A Marianne Faithfull Concert

I *never* win anything. O no, not me. Until today.

Marianne Faithfull's new album will be released shortly and in advance of that, she's performing songs from the album for a BBC4 film about her. Her MySpace page tells us:

This exclusive concert will mark the first occasion Marianne has performed tracks from her critical and commercial success Easy Come, Easy Go. The band will replicate the expansive sound of the recording with strings, brass, accordion and cor anglais amongst other instruments.

The set list mixes the cream of the compositions on the new album with old favourites and one or two surprises.

The concert is being filmed and will be screened on BBC4 later in the spring, and is a unique chance for fans to experience Marianne in a truly intimate setting.

I emailed in to get onto the 10-person guest list and, surprise, I've been given two tickets. I don't know where the rest of the audience will come from since it doesn't seem to be advertised anywhere, but I'll be there. Apparently the BBC will send me details over the next week. Excited? O yes.

No comments: