Thursday 26 February 2009

Big Red Bag

I did a silly thing today. I tried to get off the tube train this morning. Yup, that's a silly and a dangerous thing to do. A surprisingly busy Northern Line this morning meant more people than normal at the time I travel and some fool plonked his big, red holdall in just the right place to block the corridor, resulting in people having to step over it to get off the train. That's no big deal, really, but it is when your foot catches the loose straps and it threatens to trip you up. A stumble and a recovery is all it takes to remind me of my slipped disc. And it did.

Ouch. I felt it instantly from the sudden movement and, despite taking pain killers throughout the day, I can still feel it. I'm hoping that it's a one-day thing, an annoyance, and will be gone when I wake up tomorrow. I'm hoping I haven't done any damage. I'm also reminded that I need to be careful - anything can set it off again and I'd like to think that three operations for it are enough. I don't really want a fourth. Really.

Update 27 February: I'm still here... Phew.

1 comment:

chrisv said...

Of course I would have told him where to store it...