Wednesday 23 July 2008

Giggin'

When I left work this evening I automatically plugged my iPod into my ears to drift away on the journey home. I decided to listen to the B-52's to make sure I'm word perfect for tomorrow's long-awaited gig. And then I had a shock - I couldn't recall my last gig. It was, of course, Mary J Blige at the O2 at the start of June. That seems so long ago for some reason.

I missed a few gigs during my sojourn to the wild North last month - the Yazoo reunion gig, Tom Tom Club at this years' Meltdown festival and Lou Reed performing 'Berlin' at the Royal Albert Hall. I'm seeing The B-52's tomorrow, followed by Macy Gray at the end of the month and then Amanda Palmer at the ICA in August. August is a quiet month...

September opens with a snarl from the Sex Pistols, X-Ray Spex and Madonna in just over a week, followed by Shelby Lyne and Ronnie Spector later in the month. October sees Amanda Palmer, Boy George, Beth Rowley and (um....) Alphabeat... Shockingly there's nothing in November but December opens with the Steel City Tour of the Human League/ABC/Heaven 17 triple bill and, of course, the Merry Xmas Tour with the mighty Slade!

No doubt more will be added - Blood Red Shoes are touring in Europe in October so I wouldn't be surprised if there's a mini-tour before Christmas.

I'm looking forward to all these gigs (well, nearly all) and it'll be great to see Amanda again (twice!) but you know what? The one I'm *really* looking forward to is X-Ray Spex - I want to see the world turn day-glo!

In the meantime, I want to hear Fred shout out that he's "a fully eroticised being" while Kate and Cindy do their shimmer thing. Watch out Camden - my funky thang will be shaken at the Funplex tomorrow night and no apologies offered!

No comments: