Thursday 22 November 2007

My New Lamp

This evening Chris took me to Cressida Bell's 'open studio' out in the wilds of Hackney for her pre-Christmas show with wine and sweets and a little Christmas tree and her goods on display. I like Cressida's stuff and it's nice to walk in and see the printing tables covered in scarves and cushions in all colours and designs, a mass of colour that pulls me in (I do like a bit of colour).

One of my favourite bits n bobs at home is a lampshade I bought from Cressida two or three years ago that I think of as my 'garden' lampshade with trees of different shapes and colours painted round the shade. When I went over to look at the lampshades this evening my eyes kept swivelling over to a shade with a more geometric pattern and a matching base. My eyes kept finding it amongst all the other lamps and shades which can only mean that I like and need it.

I also got a lovely woollen scarf in reds and blues in the 'Indian stripes' design (same design, different colours to the photo on Cressida's website). I was surprised that she remembered that I'd bought the same scarf last year, but that time in greens and purples and in silk. What a memory! I like the design.

Here's a photo of my lovely new lamp with my 'garden' lampshade in the background. Oh, and the picture of the parrot is actually painted on a feather and is from Canadaford.

No comments: