Sunday 11 November 2007

Anxiety. Morality. Free CD

SLADE are joining the dizzy heights of Prince and others and having a CD released through a newspaper. Unfortunately it's The Sunday Mail. I've never bought a Mail or a Sunday Mail. It's just so wrong.

There's an article in it this week to trail the release next week and Noddy's looking good (although I'm not sure about that shirt). It's live and the track listing is:

1. Merry Xmas Everybody
2. Mama We're All Crazee Now
3. Gudbuy T'Jane
4. We'll Bring The House Down
5. Far Far Away
6. Everyday
7. Take Me Bak 'Ome
8. Thanks For The Memory
9. How Does It Feel
10.Cum On Feel The Noize

The issue isn't so much about whether I've already got these songs in live format (and, I suppose, it depends on which live versions are on this CD, which I don't know but assume they're all available on the re-releases over the past year) it's about it being a success. I don't begrudge them for one minute for agreeing a deal with that paper to release the album, and I do want it to be a success.

The trials and tribulations of a fan...


No comments: