Friday 16 June 2006

Vampires and Therapists

Vampires in Tooting are posh y'know - they drink from little vials so their teeth aren't sullied by the skin of their victims. That's one thing I learned today.

I went back to St George's this morning for blood tests. No tablets, food or drink (except for a couple of mouthfuls of water) to spoil the tests so I went earlier than planned, really because I was awake and wanted to take some pain-killers so thought I'd put up with it and get it over. I am *so* brave.

It was all over quickly. Half an hour wait for my turn and then a quick prick, breathe and it was time for the plaster and time to leave. The most worrying thing about it was that the radio was on in the sucking room and my vampire was singing along to 'Crazy Horses' by the Osmonds. I think I visibly flinched.

Immediately afterwards I hobbled along to the hospital shop to buy a bottle of water and get out my tablets - aaaahhhhhhh.......

This afternoon, with the sun beating down, I cheerfully put aside my gothic fantasies and hobbled up to Holmes Place gym behind Woolies on the High Road to book a session with the physiotherapist. I've tried different therapists and the physio brand is the only one to help so far. I now have an appointment with Mandy on Wednesday next week.

1 comment:

chrisv said...

welcome to the world of blood tests, something us diabeatniks know all about...