Monday 5 June 2006

Latests - Maximo, Sandi and iPod

It's Monday so it's time for a list of 'latests' I think....

DVDs

Maximo Park's first DVD, 'Found on Film' is just what I need - me Geordie lads giving it some welly on various stages with all my favourite songs of theirs (except 'A19' which is excellent). It's a double DVD packaged as a book with lots of small photos inside. The DVDs include 'Live at Brixton Academy', 'Live at Newcastle Academy' (a former bingo hall and ABC cinema), the promo videos, the 'Found on Film' tour documentary, BBC and AOL sessions. All great stuff and I'm deliberately not watching it all tonight - want to savour it afresh another night. They're wonderful and I *want* to see them live. I also want to meet Paul Smith (the great singer) and ask him about his quiff...

I also got a new 'T.Rex on TV' DVD that seems to be a new release with Marc's TV appearances in the early-mid '70s, including a couple of documentaries from the time about him. From 'Ride a white swan' to 'Dandy in the underworld'. I'll save that for later in the week I think

Comics

'Avengers United' No 67 with Wanda Maximoff - the Scarlet Witch - giving it some serious hex on the cover.

CDs

Finally, Sandi Thom's first album, 'Smile... It Confuses People' is available. I've listened to it once tonight but need to listen to it again before making an initial decision - some great songs and some songs I need to listen to again.

I also got the re-mastered 'Kaleidoscope' by Siouxsie and the Banshees and 'St Elsewhere' by Gnarls Barkley (I prefer the album to the single).

Latest iPod

My ten latest on the music machine are:
You Spin Me Round (Like A Record) - Dead or Alive
If You Can't Give Me Love - Suzi Quatro
Your Wonderful Sweet Sweet Love - Kim Weston
Another Train Coming - Kim Weston
Get A Grip On Yourself - the Stranglers
Smalltown - John Cale and Lou Reed
I See You Baby - Groove Armada
Get Your Hands Off My Woman - the Darkness
I Feel Love - Donna Summer
Stupid Girls - Pink

No comments: