Sunday 11 June 2006

National Film Theatre - Access All Areas

I didn't realise the Access All Areas film festival had started at the NFT, a series of music-related films and documentaries over June-July. The programme looks like an interesting mix of styles through the decades but the films I would really want to see are the ones I already have on DVD, although it might be nice to see them on the big screen.

I'd quite like to see 'The Filth and the Fury' on the big screen but I'm not sure about 'Festival', a documentary about the Newport Folk Festival in the early '60s which includes a stunningly young and beautiful Buffy Sainte-Marie but she only plays one song (and not even a complete song) - there's too much Joan Baez cozying up to Dylan for my liking but seeing Buffy up there on the screen bigly .... hmmmm.

A couple of films I haven't seen are 'The Clash - Westway to the World' and a film of two live concerts by the Kinks. They might be interesting. There's a double bill of the Pistols and the Clash, so maybe that's the day to go to see both. There's a Prince film and the quite frankly pseudo-hippy nonsense that is much of 'Born to Boogie', but the live T.Rex on stage sequences are wonderful.

Of course, the major omission is 'SLADE in FLAME' - what a perfect opportunity to see one of the greatest rock films of all time...

1 comment:

redhairedqueer said...

I'm going to see Urgh! A Music War next Sunday. I've wanted to see that for about 20 years - what's the betting it's rubbish?!