Friday 23 September 2011

From The Vaults ...

A most wonderful photo was tweeted this morning by @venturax and, for someone my age, I just have to wonder how on earth this hasn't surfaced before?

Here we have Chrissie Hynde, Debbie Harry, Viv Albertine, Siouxsie Sioux, Poly Styrene and Pauline Black, an elite if ever there was one! And I've seen them all apart from Viv and I have high hopes of putting that right in the near future.

I saw Chrissie in the audience at a Sandra Bernhart show (she walked past me on the stairs and sat a few rows behind me), seen Debbie on stage with Blondie (naturally), seen Siouxsie on stage and met her at a signing, saw the lovely Poly Styrene at the X-Ray Spex Roundhouse gig in 2008 and saw Pauline when she introduced Reggae Brittania at the Barbican a few years ago (but not seen her sing).

Might I say *wow*?

No comments: