Thursday 8 September 2011

Celeste Dos Santos & The Tabloid Queens

My latest favourite new band is Celeste Dos Santos & The Tabloid Queens. They've published five demo tracks produced by Youth on reverbnation that sound pretty damn fab to me.

I think my favourite songs are 'Cheers! Sweet Melancholy' with it's opening line of 'I'm going to drown my sorrows in a big fat glass of beer!' and 'The International' with it's fast punky guitar and drums. It would be great to hear these tracks properly recorded and released.

The band was previously called Debutante Disco but they've added some new members and changed the name and are about to be unleashed on London on 22 September in their first gig at Alley Cat on Denmark Street. I won't be there, sadly, but I'm looking forward to the reviews and YouTube clips. If you get the chance go along and support Celeste.

The band is even more special to me personally since Celeste is the daughter of the mighty Poly Styrene and a clear example of great talent running in the family. Like mother like daughter.

No comments: