Wednesday 25 August 2010

Paul Smith - Tour and First Single

Important message from Paul Smith:

So, it comes to pass that I test the Wayne's World 2 theory of 'book the shows and they will come'. If you'd like to see me play the songs from Margins then have a look at the tour dates below. Tickets go on sale Thursday 26th August at 9am.

November:
26th - Bodega, Nottingham (TICKETS)
27th - Brudenell, Leeds (TICKETS)
28th - Glee Club, Birmingham (TICKETS)
29th - Thekla, Bristol (TICKETS)

December:
01st - Bush Hall, London (TICKETS)
2nd - Deaf Institute, Manchester (TICKETS)
3rd - Classic Grand, Glasgow (TICKETS)
4th - Sage 2, Gateshead (TICKETS)

I've been waiting to play these songs live for a while now so that should ensure an excitable performance although the songs will require a different execution to those of Maximo Park; less frenetic movement but no less emotion or commitment. You have been warned!

To drum up support for the tour I'm going to dip my solo toes into the world of the single and put out Our Lady Of Lourdes on November 1st, a toe-tapper and a grower, I'm told by my pals. On the 7inch vinyl, there's a new song based on a guitar loop, called, cunningly, Loop For Becca. Digital customers will get my version of the Arthur Russell classic, A Little Lost, which consists of just my voice and the first recorded example of my inexpert bass-playing.

You can pre-order the album here from
Amazon. Spread the word, people - I'm coming to a town near (ish) you!

Paul


Naturally, I shall be at Bush Hall, probably at the back near the piano, but there will be lots of 'wooh!' and 'yay!' sounds coming from that corner of the Hall as well as loud clapping. I am looking forward to the album immensely and keep playing the freebie song, 'North Atlantic Drift' - if the rest of the album is anything like this song I will be very happy indeed.

No comments: