Monday 27 October 2008

Kitchen Appliances

I've finally entered the Twentieth Century. I am now the curious owner of a microwave. I know everyone else had one 20 years ago and these days people use them without thinking but I'm never one to jump aboard a bandwagon. I'd much rather consider my options, work through the implications and then make a tentative step forward. And, since we don't seem to have created a generation of microwaved mutants, then I suppose they're safe (-ish).

My microwave-thingy does all sorts of things but I just wanted to know where the on/off button was, the timer and how to open the front door. Not for me the glorious culinary extravaganzas of the recipe books, I just want something to heat stuff up on a cold winter's evening.

It's nice and shiny (that's a good thing). Now, how do I move into the Twenty First Century?

2 comments:

Gareth said...

I've never owned a video recorder, and only acquired a CD player in 1998.

Melanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.