Thursday 23 October 2008

Buffy's New Album, DVD And Tour

Rumour and misinformation abound about Buffy Sainte-Marie's new album, DVD and tour. Buffy starts a tour across Canada with Richie Havens on 31 October (Richie's playing in London this week) and some bits of the press are reporting that some dates are cancelled because Buffy's new album's not out. What's going on?

I don't know, but, in a message published on the Buffy wires, Maria Starblanket, Buffy's right-hand-woman, say's the tour is going ahead between 31 October and 14 November in Canada and (get *this*) in the USA and Europe in 2009 (to be arranged)! Am I pleased with this information? O yes.

And to top it off, I went a-hunting for any news about the new album and finally found what looks like the record cover for 'Running For The Drum'. It's a teeny picture, but it's on EMI Canada's website so I'm assuming it's real. It quotes the tracklisting for the limited edition CD/DVD as:


DISC 1
1. No No Keshagesh
2. Cho Cho Fire
3. Workin' for the Government
4. Little Wheel Spin and Spin
5. Too Much is Never Enough
6. To the Ends of the World
7. When I Had You
8. Bet My Heart on You
9. Blue Sunday
10. Easy Like the Snow Falls Down
11. America the Beautiful
12. Still This Love Goes On
DISC 2
1. Opening
2. Greenwich Village (Chapter 1)
3. Growing Up (Chapter 2)
4. Consciousness Raising (Chapter 3)
5. Until It’s Time For You To Go (Chapter 4)
6. Hawaii Retreat (Chapter 5)
7. Digital Art (Chapter 6)
8. Sesame Street (Chapter 7)
9. Up Where We Belong (Chapter 8)
10. Buffy And Chuck (Chapter 9)
11. Cradleboard (Chapter 10)
12. Between Two Worlds (Chapter 10)
13. Going Home (Chapter 12)
14. Ending

I heard Buffy play some of those songs live in New York earlier this year - they sounded great live and will, no doubt, sound even better in pristine studio recordings. The only downside to this joy is confirmation of the release date, and whether it'll be available in the UK.

2 comments:

Michael Coscia said...

I knew you'd be putting this up on your site! I see AIM ELIJAH has been renamed. The excitement builds...

Hope all is well with you.

I'm beginning to enjoy my stay in Baton Rouge. It's quite different from Los Angeles. It has its own southern charm.

Take care. Michael

Owen said...

I am *so* predictable!