Tuesday 13 May 2008

A Dresden Dolls Sampler

I'm having a bit of a Dresden Dolls-fest this evening in anticipation of the new album, 'No, Virginia', being released next week. Y'know how it is, sometimes you've just got to.

The Dolls have released three albums so far, 'A Is For Accident', 'The Dresden Dolls' and 'Yes, Virginia'. 'No, Virginia' will be number 4. There are various singles, the '4 Track Radio Sampler' of songs that are on 'The Dresden Dolls' (different production), songs on compilation records like 'Pretty In Pink' and, of course, loads of live downloads, either through the Dolls website or through Automatic Joy, mainly cover versions, some of which are truly wonderful.

If I was preparing a sampler CD of The Dresden Dolls it would have to reflect my most played songs on iPey. These are:
Sing
Backstabber
Mandy Goes To Med School
My Alcoholic Friends
Good Day
Lonesome Organist Rapes Page Turner
Shores Of California
The Time Has Come
Girl Anachronism
Gravity

I'm not saying these are the best Dolls songs - where is 'The Jeep Song'? for example - but they're my most played. At least as of today. I suspect the list will change when I get my fingers on the new record.

Punk cabaret ragamuffins rool OK!