Tuesday 20 May 2008

Buffy Sainte-Marie - The '70's Albums

The Buffy wires are still agog with the news that - finally - three of Buffy Sainte-Marie's albums after she left Vanguard will finally be released on CD. 'Buffy', 'Changing Woman' and 'Sweet America' are due to be released on 30 June 2008 as a double album. Play is advertising the album for pre-order and is showing the cover as an interpretation of the back of the record cover for 'Sweet America' with a topless Buffy and a feather. I've always liked that picture.

The tracklisting is noted as:

Disc 1 - Buffy

  1. Can't Believe The Feeling When You're Gone
  2. I've Really Fallen For You
  3. Sweet Little Vera
  4. (Hong Kong) Star Boy
  5. Sweet Fast Hooker Blues
  6. Generation
  7. Hey Baby! Howd'ja Do Me This Way?
  8. I Can't Take It No More
  9. Waves
  10. That's The Way You Fall In Love
  11. Changing Woman - Eagle Man/Changing Woman
  12. Can't You See The Way I Love You
  13. Love's Got To Breathe And Fly
  14. You Take Me Away
  15. `Til I See You Again

Disc 2 - Changing Woman (continued)

  1. Mongrel Pup
  2. The Beauty Way
  3. Nobody Will Ever Know It's Real But You
  4. All Around The World
  5. A Man
  6. Sweet America - Sweet America
  7. Wynken, Blynken And Nod
  8. Where Poets Go
  9. Free The Lady
  10. America My Home
  11. Look At The Facts
  12. I Don't Need No City Life
  13. Sweet January
  14. Qu'appelle Valley, Saskatchewan
  15. Honey Can You Hang Around
  16. I Been Down
  17. Star Walker
  18. Ain't No Time For The Worryin' Blues
This listing suggests no bonus tracks but I don't really mind, it'll just be so good to have the full albums on a proper CD at last. I hope this doesn't fall through for some reason!

No comments: