Saturday 20 October 2007

The Blood Of A Tranny

A strange mind-shift took place last night from the glories of Siouxsie in the West End to the less salubrious environs of Vauxhall on a Friday night for Dawn Right Nasty's MisterSister club with guest stars from Trannyshack, San Francisco. I have no idea how Dawn lured the assorted trannies to her club (doubt it was the money) but this was a sight I had to see.

We were promised four trannies - Heklina, Kiddie, Fauxnique and Holy McGrail - but were short changed since we only had three. Shock horror in the gender delusion camp to learn that Fauxnique is *really* a woman! Gasp.

Anyways, like everyone else, I got my camera out when they finally came on stage at half past midnight except I forgot that I had the flash turned off... o dear. Still, here is a record of the evening as witnessed by yours truly:

Heklina, leader of the troupe:

Fauxnique, very 'Bladerunner' and scary:




Holy McGrail, post-op and proud, playing with various root vegetables:


Kiddie - after that performance, she needs no more introduction:




Movement was key to what I saw last night, the first three performers bounding all over the stage in fits and jerks, with Heklina leaping from the stage and marauding around the club. They each did one performance, miming to the music, dramatic poses aplenty and giving us lots of photo opportunities. I recall seeing Heklina in the Peaches Christ films Dawn played at the launch of her minizine, 'Tranny Hag' (copies available here) a year or so back (she played the nice tranny and she seemed nice last night too). This was Holy's first time out of America and she seemed to be enjoying herself.

Kiddie was the exception. No miming. No rushing round the stage. Quiet and menacing, with a fan and a bowl on the stage in front of her. Slowly disrobing and de-wigging, werewolf hair attached to her arms, looking most peculiar. And the music changed, becoming frantic and the strobe lighting started as she slowly went mad, covering herself in blood. I don't know what I was watching but it wasn't drag. A nightmare had come to town and it had a personality disorder. Kiddie was spectacular and I was stunned.

I was also spattered in blood. Being at the front (through no design of my own, I really should have moved when the show started) I had an excellent view of the stage but it also meant I was spotted from Kiddie's bowl of blood when it went flying.

The show was over by 1am when it turns into party time so I left. It was nice chatting to chums and finding out what's been happening (or not, as the case might be). On the way out I saw Kiddie was chatting to some people so went over and rudely interrupted to tell her that her show was spectacular and that I'd enjoyed it. I also found Dawn grinning from ear to ear having lured her Trannyshack heroes to her own club. And out into the cold Vauxhall night, walking down South Lambeth Road with Gareth until I hailed a taxi for the ride home...

... time to log off and take my jacket to the cleaners now ...

1 comment:

redhairedqueer said...

Thanks for coming down.

Can I have a nice hi-res copy of your second pic down of Kiddie? I'm gazing at it with love in my eyes.