Thursday 29 March 2007

The Sensational Alex Harvey Band

I have just posted the following on the MySpace page of The Sensational Alex Harvey Band:

SAHB was the first band I ever saw, when you supported SLADE on their 1973 tour. I got your records on vinyl and then on CD when they were re-issued. I hope to see you again in December in London. I'll be the old bloke beside the bar with a tear in his eye.


I'll be there, all right. I can still remember seeing them, with Alex in his stripey shirt and Zal in full harlequin outfit. I think it's partly because of them that I'm so open to the theatricality and story-songs of the Dresden Dolls. If only for that, they deserve my thanks.

Alex, sadly, left us long ago, but the rest of the band are still rocking. I did a long blog about them last year so look that up if you want to. For now, I'm just a little bit thrilled.

No comments: