Friday 3 November 2006

The Buffy Blues

Sigh.

I still haven't got the live Buffy album I bought through Amazon.com eight weeks ago. Like a good little consumer I obey the instructions from Amazon about not getting in touch until 2 November because the CD will be sent by overland mail and customs will slow it down. So I get in touch with Caimen.com (which is selling the CD through Amazon) only to be told that it's not available, it's in "back order" and will take "2 to 3 weeks to ship". This is a CD that was noted as "in stock" when I ordered it and was told by Amazon that the seller would ship it by 11 September.

So. This is what Caimen did to me when I tried to buy the CD of 'Many A Mile' from them which also was "in stock" and then mysteriously wasn't. Do I rely on hope and wait 3 weeks for it to be shipped and then wait another 8 weeks to receive it only to be let down again? No. This is the second time - there won't be a third. I've cancelled and asked for a refund.

So I go to cduniverse to order the CD - after I ordered it with Caimen it appeared on cduniverse as being released on 24 December. But can I find it on their site? No. O dear. Looks like I'm not destined to get it.

And, of course, I'll miss the Buffy documentary being shown in America next week - will I ever see that? Sigh.

I've got the Buffy blues.

Luckily it's Dresden Dolls Day so at least I've got that pair of delightful ragamuffins to look forward to this evening. I think I'll watch the Dolls v Panic video again to cheer myself up and get in the mood for some punk cabaret mayhem and magic.

No comments: