Tuesday 22 November 2005

Crazee Christmas!

I hate to go on about the Lords of Noize (I lie) but I received my new, never heard before, magnificent S L A D E CD today - "Slade's Crazee Christmas"!

I'm not too sure of the history of this particular recording but it seems to be from 1985 and then reissued as 'The Party Album' in the '90s. I've seen it as 'The Party Album' on eBay a few times but not bothered bidding but when I saw it as 'Crazee Christmas' (and I'm a registered Christmas-oholic) then I had to get it.

And I'm so pleased I did! A great collection of tracks, some recorded for the album (such as 'Santa Claus is coming to town'), some live classics (such as 'Mama Weer All Crazee Now') and a few hits from the mid '80s. It works for me! Played it twice in a row this evening and couldn't help singing along!

It will certainly feature in my Christmas playlist on my iPod! Of course, I can't do that until 1 December - a Christmas playlist in November would just be perverse.

And a 'get well soon' to Princess Dawn who's done her back in - ouch! Sympathy flowing your way...

No comments: