Sunday 22 May 2011

Fever Ray - 'When I Grow Up'

I listened to Debbie Harry's 'Desert Island Discs' on Radio 4 this morning and it was lovely to hear her reminiscing and laughing throughout the programme. She also selected some interesting music including a song from Fever Ray.

Now, I've never heard of Fever Ray before but was quite taken with the sound so I Googled her and found this video on YouTube. For someone I've never heard of, it's a surprise to see this video has had over 4.5 million views. It's very atmospheric, both in sound and vision, so I'll need to explore her work more thoroughly.



Fever Ray is a side project of Karin Elisabeth Dreijer Andersson from Sweden, someone I shall probably have to find out more about. Thanks, Debbie, for introducing me to some new music.

No comments: