Monday 1 November 2010

Obsessions and Addictions

I seem to go from one obsession to another at the drop of a hat these days. It must be something to do with the weather, putting the clocks back to GMT or, perhaps, there's just a lot of good news around at the moment?

No sooner do I hear about a new Christmas album from Fred Schneider and the Superions than I hear that Poly Styrene is giving away a new Christmas single with an album to follow in March next year with the excellent name of 'Generation Indigo'.

That's on top of the marvellous Dresden Dolls getting back together and touring in America - I obviously hope for a gig in London and a new record and I refuse to give up hope.

Of course, in the flurry of news about the above events I totally forget there's going to be a new Human League album - the album has been pushed back until next year but the new single, 'Night People' is released in 20 days. How do I know? Because Mr Oakey tells anyone who clicks in their new website here. Is it OK if I say 'wow' now?

All I need is another new Buffy Sainte-Marie record and an original SLADE reunion and my cup would well and truly make the place damp.

You see, I have a theory, especially after seeing Sir Noddy on telly the other night, that 2011 will be the year for the great SLADE reunion. It'll be 40 years since their first hit single and first No 1, the perfect time for a reunion. I predict late summer or autumn for the reunion gig that will be recorded for CD and DVD. By the way, watch out for me in the second or third row in front of the stage in the DVD, since that's where I'll be. Do you want me to predict the set list?

I *believe*.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi..nice post.i like it. let visit my blog..http://nazwansoid.blogspot.com/be my follower =P