Friday 12 November 2010

Movember

It's amazing what you can come across by accident online and today I discovered Movember (and no, that's not a typo). Movember refers to a moustache in November - start the month clean shaven and grow a tache for the rest of the month so you become a walking advert for mens health issues, particularly prostate cancer. The Prostate Cancer Charity is the beneficiary of Movember in the UK and I quite like the strapline of 'A gentleman is, after all, still a man no matter how gentle he is'.

I grew my facial fur by accident three years ago and wouldn't be without it now so there's no way I'm shaving it off, but I'll happily let it grow and be styled appropriately to support Movember. I could always have a Salvador Dali-esque tache on my upper lip to demonstrate my support for this important work.

If you know someone taking part then please support them - if you're doing it yourself, then well done that man!

No comments: