Friday 16 July 2010

Dave Hill is OK!

I've just heard that Dave Hill, Lord of Noize and SLADE legend, had a mild stroke last weekend while on tour in Germany. Dave is the original SuperYob and glam-meister from the early '70s and still a great rock showman. He's reported to be OK and relaxing at home in the Midlands.

I met Dave once. It was back in about 1981 after SLADE played at Cardiff Students Union and I was helping pack the gear away (I was a temporary roadie but didn't get to say 'One Two, One Two, Two Two, One Two') and he offered me a cigarette, a Benson & Hedges. I smoked at the time but declined and was stunned that a Lord of Noize had descended from the pedestal to offer me a tab. I would probably have self-combusted if I lit it.

Take care Dave - a lot of us are still waiting for the reunion and want to see you strutting and banging out power chords as part of it.

1 comment:

CA said...

Get well soon Dave. Hope you will fulfill your plans with a new studio album soon despite the incident.