Wednesday 7 July 2010

Buffy Sainte-Marie and Interviews

Buffy is still touring and still being interviewed, most recently on CBC about the Canadian Truth and Reconciliation programme. In her live shows Buffy sings a harrowing version of Floyd Westerman's 'Relocation Blues' about the residential schools set up across Canada and the Canadian Government has now apologised to native Americans for the schools.

Buffy was interviewed on CBC by Carole MacNeil (a nobody as far as I'm concerned) who asked Buffy the most inane questions. It's one of those interviews where Buffy's answers actually make sense of the interview - if she answered literally, there'd be no interview. That's lazy interviewing, so please think about your questions and the issues in future.

I'd love to hear Buffy sing 'My Country 'Tis Of Thy People You're Dying'. I first heard that song when I was about 16 and that initial chill still haunts me.

No comments: