Monday 17 May 2010

The Wild Elephant Herds of London Town

I am very behind with my blogging. I want to tell you about theatre trips and new records and all sort of fascinating stuff, but I'll start with elephants.

As soon as I heard about the Elephant Parade project I decided that hunting down wild elephants in London would be my summer project this year. These wild elephants get everywhere (except near where I work, of course) so you've got to keep your eyes peeled. Their camouflage abilities need to be worked on a bit - they don't seem to get the 'blend in' message at all.

Anyway, here are some elephants I found at Trafalgar Square, in Covent Garden and on the Southbank last week:


I do like this final elephant, outside the National Theatre on the Southbank since it depicts the lovely Buddhist tale of the rabbit in the moon.

Have you found any elephants yet?

No comments: