Saturday 8 May 2010

Amanda Palmer in 'Cabaret'

"There was a cabaret, and there was a Master-of-Ceremonies and there was a city called Berlin in a country called Germany. It was the end of the world...and I was dancing with Sally Bowles and we were both asleep..."


MEINE DAMEN UND HERREN, MES DAMES ET MONSIEURS, LADIES AND GENTELEMEN...

THIS FALL, WE PRESENT TO YOU


AFP
as
THE MASTER OF CEREMONIES

with
The American Repertory Theater

in Kander & Ebb's hit Broadway Musical

CABARET

Now, this is something I'd like to see! I saw Amanda sing 'Mein Herr' with The Dresden Dolls at the Roundhouse a few years ago (and you can too on the DVD) and I have a recording of her singing the EmCee's 'I Don't Care Much', but I want to see this.

The musical director is Lance Horne who has worked with loads of people and who I saw with Alan Cumming at his 'I Bought A Blue Car Today' show in London last year. And, coincidentally, Amanda went to see the show on the same night as me and gave me a great big Amanda-Hug afterwards.

Choreography is by Steven Mitchell Wright of The Danger Ensemble who toured with Amanda on her 'Who Killed Amanda Palmer' gigs and it's directed by Steven Bogart who worked with Amanda last year. The 'official' information is on the American Repertory Theatre site, but Amanda says she's also agreed that she can use the theatre for various after-show ninja-style events. I *need* to book a trip to Boston in September...

Amanda sings 'Mein Herr' at The Roundhouse in 2006:

No comments: