Sunday 21 February 2010

Winter Olympics 2010

I've been concentrating on getting my New York blogging finished before mentioning the Olympics, so I must award a belated congratulations to Amy Williams for winning gold in the 'skeleton' (a daft name, otherwise known as going headfirst downhill on a tea-tray). It was a bit mean for the USA to lodge a complaint about her helmet but it was rightly thrown out. That reeks of bad losers.

I've been watching the bobsleigh, skating, the curling, various skiing events and, tonight, ski cross, a fabulous high octane adrenaline rush of a sport that leaves me gasping at the sheer audacity of the gentlemen involved - it must be murder on the knees! Much as I love snow I've never been skiing or taken part in any winter sport (other than skating a few times when I was a young kid) and, to be honest, I don't much want to. But they look very exhilarating, much more so than sports in the summer games that all look like hard work. I'm looking forward to the rest of the Games.

No comments: