Thursday 5 November 2009

Emerald Boots

As some of you may recall, I might be going through a mid-life crisis that can only be mitigated by getting some green shoes (I shared all with the world here).

Now, I've seen about two pairs of shoes in total that could be considered to be faintly green, both were dress shoes and both had a small amount of bottle green hidden away at the side of the shoe. I don't want that, I want *green*. And I don't do dress shoes.

Imagine my joy when I went into a large shoe shop on Oxford Street this evening - Schuh - a shop that's been there for a while but I don't think I've ever been in it before (and why would I? I don't collect shoes) and I saw various shoes in various colours, including green. Some shoes just had stripes of green but there were two pairs of green shoes, one a deep emerald and the other a slightly more pastel shade. Naturally I gravitated to *emerald*. I shall wear them tomorrow. Do you think they'd look better with bright yellow laces?

No comments: