Sunday 8 November 2009

Buffy on the New York Times Podcast

I'm well overdue for a Buffy blog - I know, I'm shocked too. Luckily Buffy Sainte-Marie came to my rescue by being featured on this weeks' New York Times podcast (alongside "doom-metal supergroup Shrinebuilder", now there's eclectic for you). You can listen to it online or download the mp3 and the article beside the link is about Buffy's old friend, Big Bird from Sesame Street - the scene where Buffy breastfeeds her baby son and Big Bird asks what she's doing is on YouTube.

Scroll in to about 9:30 to listen to Buffy. She talks about 'Running For The Drum' but there is some discussion about her involvement in electronic music as well and how she's been playing with electronica since the '60s. She closes with a lovely, live version, of 'And Still This Loves Goes On', one of my favourites from the new album and a beautiful song.

No comments: