Thursday 2 April 2009

Nukes Or Machine Guns?

No, I'm not talking about the G20 protests (which I haven't actually noticed), I'm talking about the London rush hour.

Um, where do all these people come from and what are they doing on *my* tube network? It's been ages since I travelled in the rush hour - I've tended to leave work very late to avoid the rush-hour hordes or get the overground train from Victoria (a far more civilised means of transport). This afternoon I was at a video editing studio in the West End to have a viewing of some video materials I'd commissioned and left to get the tube home from Oxford Circus around 5pm. Big mistake.

Full trains came and went and I was still on the platform. I made it home eventually in no fit state to be civilised with anyone. A machine gun would've come in so handy to create some space on the platforms and trains on my way home. Is that unreasonable?

I think I'll stick to the over-ground from Victoria in future. I just need to sort out a travel card (no, I still haven't bought a replacement).

No comments: