Tuesday 20 January 2009

Direct.Gov Rip Off

Have you seen the new telly advert for the Direct.Gov site? Direct.Gov is the UK government's website for citizens and you can access lots of useful services through it. For such a powerful webservice it doesn't half have a rubbish advert.

The advert focuses on a dog with an arrow for a head sniffing round. Um, yes, tasteful. My big bugbear is the music - as soon as I heard it it reminded me of Ben Charest's soundtrack to the film 'Belleville Rendezvous', especially the title song - that guitar twang followed by drums is unmistakeable. Whoever wrote that tune - if it wasn't Monsieur Charest - obviously had it mind. Quelle rip-off. I hope M Charest gets the credit and money for it and if not, he should sue.

I'd post the video but I can't find it online anywhere.

No comments: