Monday 5 January 2009

Grand Experiment

Ok. I want to blog about the snow today, just like everybody else - well, we get so little snow that it's a bit of excitement, in'it?

But no. I'm going to blog about my latest scientific experiment in my bid to become a Renaissance Man for the 21st Century. I can do science, y'know. Well, actually, I can't, but I don't let that stop me.

On my way home tonight I purchased a magic bracelet, a magnetic copper bracelet, in an attempt to counteract the aches and pains of getting old. And decrepid. And generally falling to bits. I've looked at them before and this evening I thought, 'why not?'. What's to lose by trying it? The back of the packaging states:

For thousands of years it has been claimed that both copper and magnet can improve and stimulate circulation. The combined benefits can alleviate all manner of aches and pains, from sports injury to arthritis to general stiffness. Try a Fortuna Magnetic Copper Bracelet for yourself to experience the immediate benefit.

In smaller letters at the bottom of the packaging it also says:

Please note: This is not a registered medical device and does not make any medical claims. The effects of this bracelet may vary from individual to individual.

Ahem.

Anyway, I'm going to put it on tomorrow morning and see what happens. Keep the faith with me, gentle reader, in my grand experiment and boundless curiosity. I will post my scientific observations at some unspecified future date.

1 comment:

Gareth said...

I remember making one of those in metalwork in the second form. About the only thing Imade which resembled what everyone else made.