Sunday 19 August 2007

I'm Gorgeous

I *am* y'know. You might as well face facts.

I realised this fact when I was in the toilets at MisterSister the other night and I glanced up while I was standing doing my business, saw myself in a mirror and thought, 'cor!'. I'm not entirely sure why there are mirrors above the urinals. There were several beards that night but none as graceful or dynamic as mine. Gareth even referred to me as the closest to a 'glitter bear' in the party (which I'll assume was a compliment). Now, I didn't have any glitter on me but that's an idea for the upcoming festive season, and my beard is the perfect colour.

MisterSister seemed to be a great success for it's first night and Dawn was suitably attired in butterfly eyelashes. I think I was the first paying punter through the doors at about 9.30pm and it was most odd to see the place empty - I've seen it not very full before, but never empty. I indulged in a can of diet coke (I live on the wild side, y'see) as punters started appearing, which was a slight relief. Dawn was spinning the choons but had no SLADE (how can you call yourself a DJ and not have an emergency SLADE CD in your bag?). I was deathly tired after a week at work and walking along the south bank to Vauxhall, my back playing up from being stationary too long so after swallowing some pills we departed just before midnight, so missing the two turns that were coming on stage after midnight.

Anyway, back to me.

I confirmed my gorgeousosity this morning when I trimmed the beard. I'm not one to shape it or primp or preen but if you could see me with a freshly trimmed beard you'd understand.

This pic is a few weeks old now, but this is what you're missing...

2 comments:

Gareth said...

The lighting On Friday night was extremely complimentary , I looked at myself in the mirror and with all the disco lights been reflected etc. I looked almost handsome.

redhairedqueer said...

Maybe I should use this as a marketing tool - our pink and purple lighting makes everyone look hot!!