Friday 29 December 2006

I Suspect Distress

I suspect distress is waiting in the wings for me - my poota is exhibiting signs of needing a good, long rest. I switch on, the little lights flash and the drive whirs but the screen stays dark. It's happened a few times over the last few months but is happening more frequently now and the ritual of switching off, removing the battery, starting again and again is getting tiresome.

It started fine when I signed in for this session but who knows whether it will next time? I vaguely looked at new laptops over Christmas but I suppose I ought to look a bit more seriously, just in case. I've had this one for over three years so I'd also better start copying things to disc, but how do I copy programmes I've paid for and downloaded? And make a list of all the sites and login details for things like paying bills and stuff. That's going to be quite a chore.

I *like* my laptop.

No comments: