Monday 24 October 2005

Lights... Camera... Action!

Sadly, I've arrived home sort of enthusiatic for work after a meeting this morning at which a contractor said something that sparked some ideas and I've been developing them in my mind ever since.

We're holding an international seminar in January and hadn't really thought about "launching" it, just a low-key opening. That's totally inappropriate given that we're hoping it's bigger and better than the last two years. The contractor inadvertently talked about that champagne cork popping moment... that's a mistake with me!

Now I want whiteboards all over the venue switching on at the same time, glowing bright with clour and music swelling, a spinning globe controlled by a schoolkid, swooping views up and down the Thames and diving into a classroom to see lessons using ICT, swoop back out to Parliament (where we're having an evening reception), etc, etc, etc...

Now, I realise we're not developing the Eurovision Song Contest or anything, but why not adapt some of the ideas and have exciting visuals and make people feel it was worth attending? Let's see how far I can push it!

No comments: