Monday 3 October 2005

The Best of British £1 Notes

I am now the proud possessor of 'The Best of British £1 Notes' by John Lydon. A great retrospective covering the first 29 years of his musical career. It starts off with the glorious 'Anarchy in the UK' and 'Public Image', two of my all-time favourite songs and they really stand the test of time. Both are songs that most of today's crop of top 10 ditties would be terrified of if they came across them in broad daylight let alone in a dark alleyway. Fearsome and loud and rebellious and young and angry and challenging and, well, just plain fab! But why doesn't it include 'Pretty Vacant' I wonder?

Of course, despite being released on Virgin the Virgin store on Victoria Street didn't seem to have realised there was also a DVD to go with the CD. Never mind, I've got the double CD and will pick up the DVD at the first opportunity when I go into a proper record store. I can't wait!

I'm playing the CD LOUD!

"I do not copy, steal or imitate. But you are more than welcome to procreate" sayeth Mr Lydon.

1 comment:

redhairedqueer said...

Bah! The rubbish WH Smith in Woolwich didn't have it. I'll have to hold on tight to my pocket money until I make a trip into town.