Wednesday 5 October 2005

The Best of British £1 Notes - The DVD

Got the DVD yesterday and watched it last night, and it is fab. I hadn't seen any of the Sex Pistols, PiL or John Lydon videos or extras before so it was all fresh as a daisy to me and I love it.

It starts off with a video of 'Anarchy in the UK' and Mr Lydon looks *s0* young it's impossible to imagine him as the scourge of capitalism and destroyer of civilization when he looked so cute and naive.... if only! I was entranced looking at the different images of him over the years and the way he projected his own brand of music - a very consistent approach, not twisting and turning with the latest fad. He's a very charismatic artist.

The extras are well worth it as well. Three live tracks of the reformed Pistols playing live, including 'Pretty Vacant' and 'Silver Machine'. Wonderful stuff!

If only I could watch it for the first time again...

No comments: